This position is primarily responsible for conducting Occupational Therapy to offer effective and client-centered rehabilitative services that will facilitate a person’s ability to independently carry out everyday tasks and activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Selects and adapts the appropriate occupational therapy treatment model, method and approach to direct the process of interventions per case.
- Address a person’s aspects of performance to support engagement in occupations that affect health, well-being and life quality.
- Apply interventions to maximize safety and performance in activities of daily living (ADL) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADL).
- Selects constructive activities suited to individual's physical capacity, intelligence level, and interest to upgrade individual to maximum independence, prepare individual for return to employment, assists in restoration of functions, and aid in adjustment to disability.
- Orthotic fabrication for post-op surgical protection/immobilization, correction of injury or deformity and conservative management of common upper extremity (UE) syndromes.
- Recommend adaptive equipment and train in its use.
- Collaborate, guide and educate family members and caregivers with home programs, adaptive equipment and/or compensatory strategies.
- Continually evaluates effectiveness of treatment strategies being used and adapts treatment activities to achieve desired goals.
- Teaches individuals skills and techniques required for participation in activities and evaluates individual's progress.
- Assists in the supervision of Occupational Therapy Assistants and Aides.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Certificate of specialization where applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; EMR; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current licensure to perform in the state of employment
- Valid CPR License
- Certificate of specialization where applicable.
- Current Professional Liability Insurance equaling at least $1,000,000 per claim and $3,000,000 aggregate.
To apply for this job please send an email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com