This position is primarily responsible for assisting Occupational Therapist in administering occupational therapy for physically, developmentally, mentally or emotionally disabled patients by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in evaluation of clients’ daily living skills and capacities to determine extent of abilities and limitations.
- Assists in planning and implementing educational, vocational, and recreational programs and activities established by registered Occupational Therapist, designed to restore, reinforce, and enhance task performances, diminish or correct pathology, and to promote and maintain health and self-sufficiency.
- Reports information and observations to Occupational Therapist.
- Assists in instructing patient and family in home programs as well as care and use of adaptive equipment.
- Prepares work materials, assists in maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains observed information in EMR.
- Teaches basic living skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate’s Degree or higher.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; EMR; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current licensure to perform in the state of employment
- Valid CPR License
- Certificate of specialization where applicable.
- Current Professional Liability Insurance equaling at least $1,000,000 per claim and $3,000,000 aggregate.
To apply for this job please send an email with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org