This position is primarily responsible for operating a multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directing callers to appropriate personnel and relieving doctors and other medical personnel of administrative and clerical work by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers telephone, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Schedules appointments and enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler EMR.
- Conducts reminder calls to all patients.
- Registers patients by verifying that patient’s record is up to date and accurate. Makes appropriate changes in computer system.
- Instructs new patients in completion of medical history and information forms.
- Verifies patient benefits.
- Confirms patients' insurance eligibility with insurance companies.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail.
- Takes payments for services.
- Must be able to multi task.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job please send an email with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org