Supports physical therapy care delivery by preparing treatment area, patient, equipment and materials; performing procedures, under the supervision of a physical therapist and relieving doctors and other medical personnel of certain patient care activities by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Helps treat patients by applying heat packs; paraffin dips.
- Seek out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be asked.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area; positioning equipment for therapist access.
- Clean and store equipment and supplies after completion of work; clean and straighten shelves; change linen on carts, beds, and splints; maintain linen supply.
- Drain and defrost hot/cold pack machines; clean and check temperature on a regular basis.
- Adheres to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Minimizes non-productive time and fill slow periods with activities that will enable team to meet the future needs (organizing, housekeeping, assisting others).
- Must be able to multi task.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job please send an email with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org