This position is primarily responsible for planning and administering medically prescribed physical therapy treatment for patients suffering from injuries, or muscle, nerve, joint and bone diseases, to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Evaluates patients utilizing knowledge specific to age, developmental process, illness, injury, and disease.
- Tests and measures patient's strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and records findings to develop or revise treatment programs.
- Plans and prepares written treatment program based on evaluation of patient data.
- Evaluates effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
- Instructs, motivates, and assists patient to perform various physical functional activities of daily living/life including use of assistant and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Instructs patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home.
- Records treatment, response, and progress in EMR system within specified time frame.
- Orients, instructs, and directs work activities of assistants, aides, and students.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Certificate of specialization where applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; EMR; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current licensure to perform in the state of employment
- Valid CPR License
- Certificate of specialization where applicable.
- Current Professional Liability Insurance equaling at least $1,000,000 per claim and $3,000,000 aggregate.
To apply for this job please send an email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com