This position is primarily responsible for administering physical therapy treatments to patients, working under direction of and as assistant to Physical Therapist, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administers active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, and heat, light, sound, water, and electrical modality treatments such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ultraviolet, infrared, and hot and cold packs as indicated in plan of care.
- Administers traction to relieve neck and back pain as indicated in plan of care.
- Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities such as preambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily living activities.
- Observes patients during treatments and compiles and evaluates data on patients' responses to treatments and progress and reports orally and/or in writing to Physical Therapist.
- Trains patients in use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Measures patient's range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist Physical Therapist to compile data for patient evaluations.
- Records treatment, response, and progress in EMR system within specified time frame.
- Monitors treatments administered by Physical Therapy Aides.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate’s Degree or higher.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; EMR; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current licensure to perform in the state of employment
- Valid CPR License
- Certificate of specialization where applicable.
- Current Professional Liability Insurance equaling at least $1,000,000 per claim and $3,000,000 aggregate.
To apply for this job please send an email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com