Features of Modern Sports Medicine Facilities
Modern sports medicine facilities conduct various examination programs, taking into account the sport, the age of the athlete, as well as the level of physical fitness. The team of specialists includes a chiropractor, neurologist, physiotherapist, psychotherapist, physical therapy instructor, nutritionist, speech therapist and other doctors of related specialties. Thus, the collegial approach ensures the completeness and unity of the entire cycle of activity of athletes.
You will be able to get detailed recommendations for sports, physical activity, as well as admission to classes and competitions. The offices use unique methods of operations and provide the subsequent rehabilitation treatment of sports injuries, which will allow returning to sports with the highest achievements.
Who visits sports medicine clinics?
- Patients after limb injuries (fractures, contractures, early postoperative period, muscle pathologies);
- Patients with the pathology of the vestibular apparatus (whiplash injuries, stroke, vertebral pathologies);
- Patients with problems in the foot (flat feet);
- Patients with damage to the central and peripheral nervous system (stroke, cerebral palsy, polytrauma);.
- Professional athletes and amateurs (diagnostics, testing)
Main directions of such facilities
- Testing and diagnostics of the athlete (functional readiness);
- Research work;
- Recovery after exercise;
- Rehabilitation after injuries.
Modern sports medicine clinics implement multidisciplinary and client-oriented approaches that allow for more efficient rehabilitation and recovery. The actual problem of finding and implementing modern, innovative methods for diagnosing and rehabilitating athletes while maintaining functional readiness has been successfully resolved.
- FMT (functional movement techniques);
- PNF (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation);
- Tecar therapy;
- Sling therapy;
- Bobath therapy;
- Bicycle ergometry;
- Sports medicine doctor;
- Manual therapy;
- Medical massage;
- Brugger method;
- Soft manual techniques;
- Blood pressure monitoring;
- Optical spine topography;
- Otolaryngologist (ENT);
- Assessment of the main exchange;
- Selection of individual orthopedic insoles;
- Accompanying a personal curator;
- Sports psychologist;
- Stress echo;
- Orthopedic traumatologist;
- Treadmill testing;
- Shock wave therapy;
- Ultrasound diagnostics;
- Hilt therapy;
- Holter monitoring;
- Percutaneous short pulse electrical stimulation;
- Exercise echocardiography;
- Heart echocardiography.
Innovative medical equipment
The equipment at modern sports medicine offices allows monitoring functional indicators, both at rest and under loads.
Modern physiotherapeutic hardware systems allow rehabilitation and recovery after heavy physical exertion and injury, analyze the composition of the body and bone density, determine the parameters of the “main metabolism” for the correct calculation of the daily diet. A modern laboratory complex allows not only biochemical but also genetic research.